We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven Postgraduate Research Engineer to join our team of engineers in London. The role involves completing a fully funded UK/EU PhD in Civil Engineering degree at the University of Surrey on the topic of advanced analysis of foundations supporting offshore wind turbine generators. The candidate will also have direct involvement on current projects and will be provided with office space at the company HQ.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a highly numerate and enthusiastic individual, with a Master’s degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Wind Engineering, Naval Architecture or a suitable equivalent.
• Experience in developing and implementing software tools to solve complex analytical / numerical problems in an efficient manner, i.e. using MATLAB, VBA and Python
• Previous experience in developing FEA models using SolidWorks, Abaqus, ANSYS, or similar design packages;
• Ability to verify and validate FEA models used in the analysis;
• Strong analytical background;
• Knowledge in both static and dynamic structural analysis;
• Knowledge in both linear and non-linear structural analysis;
• A keen interest in structural dynamics, WTG aerodynamics and hydrodynamic loading on marine structures;
• Ability to work within multi-cultural teams with a high level of communication skills at all levels;
• Knowledge of relevant offshore structural design codes and standards;
• Basic knowledge of geotechnical engineering;
• Proven ability to produce professional reports and academic research documents.
• Travel to and from conferences for short periods of time should be expected;
• Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required.
Rewards & Benefits
On top of a competitive basic salary, we offer a number of additional core benefits. These include:
• Pro-rata holiday entitlement;
• A flexible contributory pension arrangement;
• Life assurance;
• Private medical insurance;
• Professional subscriptions.