Sea and Land Project Engineering are a team of highly experienced offshore engineering specialists providing design services to the offshore Renewables and Oil and Gas industries.
Established in 2010, we are a London-based design house specialising in offshore structural and geotechnical design. We offer the complete package of specialist skills required to handle challenging engineering projects, solving complex problems of the natural environment.
Long associations within the offshore engineering industry gives Sea and Land Project Engineering’s team the edge, experience and expertise to provide innovative designs in highly challenging conditions. Our ethos is to provide simple engineering solutions through advanced numerical simulations and cutting-edge design.
Due to a recent acquisition by Smulders Group B.V., continued success and a growing demand from our Clients, we are seeking an enthusiastic and driven Graduate Structural Engineer to join our team of engineers in South West London.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be a highly numerate and enthusiastic individual, with an advanced degree in Civil / Structural / Mechanical / Wind Engineering, Naval Architecture or a suitable equivalent.
The Graduate Structural Engineer will ideally have 1 – 2 years’ experience in design and engineering of substructures in the offshore environment. Applicants should be a graduate member of a professional organisation with a commitment towards continuing professional development.
- Previous experience in developing FEA models using SolidWorks, Abaqus, ANSYS, or similar design packages;
- Ability to verify and validate FEA models used in the analysis;
- Strong analytical background;
- Knowledge in both static and transient structural analysis;
- Knowledge in both linear and non-linear structural analysis;
- Knowledge in fatigue and fracture mechanics;
- A keen interest in structural dynamics, WTG aerodynamics and hydrodynamic loading on marine structures;
- Ability to work within multi-cultural teams with a high level of communication skills at all levels;
- Knowledge of relevant offshore structural design codes and standards.
- Experience of developing and implementing software tools to solve complex analytical / numerical problems in an efficient manner, i.e. using MATLAB, VBA and Python.
- Produce and validate structural analysis models using FEA methods in SolidWorks, Abaqus or ANSYS etc.;
- Provide comprehensive analysis and design of offshore wind foundation structures for a large portfolio of international clients;
- Assist with the delivery of projects to deliver optimum solutions, on time and to budget;
- Contribute to design development and reviews;
- Involvement in design risk assessments;
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed;
- Producing design calculations and reports;
- Occasional R&D projects and in-house software development.
Competencies & Soft Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills with the confidence to liaise at all levels;
- Be self-motivated, well organised and a team player;
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work;
- Developed knowledge of engineering principles and practices coupled with the ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques;
- Proficiency in Matlab and Visual Basic / Python is preferable.
- Travel to and from Northern Europe for short periods of time should be expected;
- Flexible working attitude and availability to work outside normal hours if required.
Rewards & Benefits:
On top of a competitive basic salary, we offer a number of additional core benefits. These include:
- Holidays, starting at 25 days a year;
- A flexible contributory pension arrangement;
- Life assurance;
- Private medical insurance;
- Professional subscriptions.